It is time for another adventure. Rudy and Dexter each have two weeks off for Spring Break, but they don’t line up (Rudy gets out first and goes back first). So we will bring along a bunch of work for Dexter to allow for having pulled him out of school a week early. After we end our trip on the east coast Nell and Rudy will fly back commercial and Dexter and I will fly back slow, possibly with a passenger picked up in New York.
[Part of our Spring Break 2009 Trip.]
Our plan is to start on Sunday, March 29, 2009, taking off from KSMO (Santa Monica Airport) in California and flying all the way to Boston, Massachusetts (we’ll probably park the plane in Bedford and get a ride into Cambridge).
This time we have a blog, and we hope to have contributions from all four family members.
Stops planned so far:
- Ryan Field, Tuscon, Arizona – just a stop for fuel and food
- El Paso, Texas – fuel stop; stretch the legs
- Marfa, Texas – our first overnight; so far people seem excited we’re
- going to see some of the art here
- Austin, Texas
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Charleston, North Carolina
- Washington, DC – see your government in action
- Baltimore, Maryland – Nell has a hankering to see this city
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – we stopped here last spring and it was
- too short
- Boston, Massachusetts – Nell and Rudy will fly home on JetBlue
One of the real destinations for the trip is Washington. We were there last Spring Break for four days and, even though it was cold some of the time, we had a great visit. Adam and his family are there for a year, so we’ll drop in for a few days.